2009 ps alumni homecoming "1984: pahinungod; balik tan-aw"

Broadcast Yourself @ Youtube!!!
tuba
Neophyte
Neophyte
Birthday: 15 Nov 1975

2009 ps alumni homecoming "1984: pahinungod; balik tan-aw"

Unread post by tuba »

Last edited by tuba on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Re: 2009 PS ALUMNI HOMECOMING "1984 PAHINUNGOD-BALIK TAN-AW"

Unread post by BONSAL »

Thank you for sharing Tuba. The video is awesome & splendid even in the absence of audio background. I think Youtube diabled the audio track because of copyright issue.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

toyang
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Re: 2009 PS ALUMNI HOMECOMING "1984: PAHINUNGOD; BALIK TAN-AW"

Unread post by toyang »

K-spy,

Ay ay! kamatayon sa gayud an mga top 10 songs pastilan. kadayaw
dayun maglobo lobo anhi. yaka relate gayud ako. kainukmai mo pa sa
dayun. mahadati gayud.

Katunggz, huu an "KARATE KID" kadumdum pa kaw? whew! di masabot anhin
dubdub ko gakuba kuba. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't get disappointed when God doesn't give you what you want... For he knows the
best time for you to have it...

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by SIBULING »

mupatay gayud c tambunting!way makalabaw nan beauty.Hain nakaw ter?
tuba wrote:

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy/Tuba,

Kaganahi nan vid sayang mute. :(

Bon,
An ato abogado...ato ipa plantsha an "copyright issue" 8-[ :oops: :-D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

matay, bon, lumbaan pangatakdag an luha ko na baya durian kadagko. :roll

salamatirs.

the copy of the video that we will be giving to the Adelantes is a much longer version because the rest were not able to provide their recent pictures on the deadline we set before the homecoming.

one factoid was wrong because ramil patrimonio forgot that it was maryann ladaga who was the 1st honorable mention, not nenette bautista. the final copy has already been corrected.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

loklok
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 10 Jan 1970

Unread post by loklok »

Ay ay milpat, dayawe an iyo AVP,bagan may kuwang bagan sa iyo batch.hain na si Jessbell corpuz, wara bagan maapil , si joel inabangan(partner kumusta na kaw, wer u na?),wara ako kakila kan richie isla, amo da sa gud nan bayho ni jet lee kuman kay wara na antiyuhos.he. he.Jokingly your Richie boy,hain na kaw kuman baya.Anyway congrats sa iyo batch,Dodong Quico,(pre kumusta na),Dr. Loayon , an Captain sa iyo batch,CAT sa PS,kumusta na Doc.Nice to see you all, ako mga idol before kay ahead kamo nan 2 years sa amo batch. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE THE ADELANTE'S AS WELL AS THE NEW SET OF PSAA OFFICERS.THANKS

kampanaryo_spy

kolkol,

grabe na tinawagay ni rampat kan jessbel kay adto sa sa mangagoy, pero ga arol.

joel inabangan was the original choice to give the response. he agreed, but then on the day that he was to leave gensan (his family lives there because he works in bohol), some problems cropped up.

fyi.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

loklok
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 10 Jan 1970

Unread post by loklok »

amo ba, ako sa gud ini mga idol sa una,( Joel inabangan ,partner tagae ako imo add kay sige ako biyahe nan Tagbilaran),at-at corpuz, Pre lang-a daan si Brenda Corpuz amo batch na sa 2011 kun yaton sa bislig ,amo na sab turno.Laong ni Rhoda pwedi kuno mo balibad pero way absenay sa alumni...Thanks k-spy for the info..

kampanaryo_spy

abb and indyGirl,

hala sambilawa na dayon an vid kay ya montar da gayud ni bon. :-D

----------------

at-at,

when you texted me today with this: "hi. paga ukhan ako gatan-aw nan vid nan Adelantes. Kamingawi," i felt good because it was really my intention to make the viewers feel nostalgic. let me explain.

the original title of the vid was "Nostalgia" but i realized, just in time, that it was more of a cliche. so i went for something that had a local flavor.

i didn't want the video to be mushy, like a cheap melodrama. and so i decided to have a "happy" transition by putting familiar and nice images that would elicit remembrance of the year that was. this was also my way of justifying the "balik tan-aw" part of the title.

if you notice, the vid is an interplay of contrasts. the "balik tan-aw" part is hyper with images and texts flying in a pace that matches the frenzied beat of the soundtrack (theme from indiana jones) while the "pahinungod" part is lethargic at it dances to the slow tempo of Florante's Handog.

in terms of visuals, i deliberately rendered in sepia the pictures used in the "pahinungod" portion because sepia, to me, evokes a feeling of nostalgia better than black and white does. the sandwiching of sepia-toned photographs in between colored ones was intentional. and the shift from sepia to colored ("25 years later") toward the end was my way of contemporizing the video, as inspired by "Schindler's List."

i was not surprised when ramil patrimonio told me right after the vid presentation in the gym that some women and a male Adelante cried.

in a way, the vid has fulfilled its intent. and that, to me, is more than enough reward.

toyang
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Re: 2009 ps alumni homecoming "1984: pahinungod; balik tan-aw"

Unread post by toyang »

K-spy,

Ay salamat inka batian ko da gayud an music background. pagtoo ko
haw Indiana jones da may Handog pa sa baya.

Naay pa kuman k -spy, unoy baya kalahian nan written hastan scripted by?
dihaw parehas da yaon sila?
Don't get disappointed when God doesn't give you what you want... For he knows the
best time for you to have it...

kampanaryo_spy

toyang wrote:K-spy,

unoy baya kalahian nan written hastan scripted by? dihaw parehas da yaon sila?

kon sine pa ini yang, "written by" refers to the story, and "scripted by" refers to the screenplay. it doesn't always follow na if you write the story, you write the script. example, the story is written by carlo caparas but the script is done by ricky lee. it's the script, not the story, that the director follows in shooting the film.

wow ga lecture.

in the case of Pahinungod, Balik Tan-aw, i wrote the "story" then wrote also the script. meaning, i guided the video editor on how to synchronize audio and video. specifically, unoy video na dapat mo gawas kon amo ini an audio, gets mo?

sige lang, pag uli mo ngadi esplikahan ta da kaw nan hutad gayud, tapos ipakita ko kanimo an script para hisabtan mo para sa sunod ikaw na an muhimo nan ini tanan, amo? :-D

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

BONSAL wrote:

K-Spy/Bon,

Like cod fish, my mouth is still gaping… it blew me away, COMPLETELY!!!

Lamii gayod an ipekto sa utok once "great" choice of music is incorporated. K-Spy, it made me want to grab my hat, and whip, and hitch a ride with gorgeous Dr. Henry Walton for an out-of-this-world archeological adventure but, that's beside the point. :-D

Then, just like that, when Handog's acoustic bleeds in, spread and the vocal came on, it tugged at my heart strings. :( :( (Hoy first time ko inin kanta na "Handog" inkabatian, here. )

K-Spy, excellent job, very, very effective!
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by pato »

The audio and the video blends well. It has a sparkling magic once you play it. Very nice.