2011'S FIRST FLOOD

Tago's secret jewels and distinct voice.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

2011'S FIRST FLOOD

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

Flooding, although it usually carries a negative connotation, is quite a natural process and is simply the response of a natural system---a river system---to the presence of too much water during an interval of time. When excess discharge is present in a river or stream, at first the water moves more quickly and perhaps some erosion of the channel takes place. If discharge increases too rapidly, however, water must move out of the channel and out onto the surrounding area, known as the floodplain. (Science.jrank.org)

Tago is a floodplain, and so the recent flood was par for the course!

(read the article in full here: http://kspy65.blogspot.com/)
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: 2011'S FIRST FLOOD

Unread post by pato »

Hi K-spy,

When I was still a vibrant and wiry young lad, there was a minimal flooding in our town but the magnitude had not reached up to this point. My contemporaries and I would then rakishly swim into the flooded area like it was the most beautiful mini- swimming pool we could have imagined.

As I have seen the pictures on your blog, I can’t believe with what I saw. I’ve also seen the house of Japan on the face book. I saw the murky water flowing and rippling freely inside and out the house.

Meanwhile, there were six sacks of rice that had been drenched into our house according to my beloved mother due to they were not able to vigilantly notice it. Thankfully, the flooding limits only up to our dirty kitchen. There had been no really major problem in transferring our personal belongings from one place to another.

The climate is really different these days. It has already been rapidly changing and antagonizing. Looking at the flooding inside your house while you were standing on the picture was really alarming.

Thank you for the information and for the time and undying effort by means of sharing it to us.

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

pato,

climate change? siguro. pero mas mo pabor ako nan istorya nan mga tiguwang na igo da bawia nan tubig an daan iya. if you remember, inin poblacion kuman nan tago, reclaimed area ini. laktud, tubig ini naadi. kay ngani laong ni ya ester villamor, mas grabehi an baha nan 1948 (gamay pa si insikay) astan 1968 kay lunop gayod. for sure that time wara pay CLIMATE CHANGE, MINING, LOGGING THAT LED TO FOREST DENUDATION as we know it today. and yet, sigen lunop hapit kada tuig.

kon mag baha, mag baha gayud. guess that's the nature of the beast!
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

sheilap
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by sheilap »

amo? reclaimed area da baya inin tago? kulbai sab ad-on isipon kon maglunop;-(

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

kspy, kinahanglan gayud may pirmi na yaka andam na life jacket sa isig ka bay.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn