Tagon-on Wins Food Writing Award

A biographical sketch of Tagon-ons who make a difference.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Tagon-on Wins Food Writing Award

Unread post by BONSAL »

A TAGON-ON recently won The 5th Annual Doreen Gamboa Fernandez Food Writing Award. This year's competition was sponsored and partnered by Manila Ladies Branch of the International Wine and Food Society (IWFS) and Filipino Heritage Festival, Inc.

Romel Oribe's winning entry entitled "The Pudding Icon's Lip Licking Concoction" was adjudged the best among 173 entries. The article, which illustrates Tago’s favorite native delicacy, was first published in Tagosds.Org.

The competition is part of the program of two distinguished organization who are working towards the same goal—that of cultivating our Filipino culture particularly in the area of culinary arts.

Mr. Oribe is also a contributing writer and moderator of Tagosds.Org, has won several prestigious writing competitions. He contributes a feature column to the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

Congratulations Romel! You make us proud.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

mimi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by mimi »

Congrats, K-Spy! And thanks for making our famous pudding more famous :)

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

Oh well---it is not unsual for K-SPY to win.:roll :roll :roll :roll TAPAYAN DA !!! :-({|= :-({|= :roll :D anyway K-SPY--CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :shock :shock :shock AGAIN...
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

atat
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by atat »

Congrats! K-SPY :) :) :D :D ikaw pa! Hats off gayod kami! :shock :roll :roll :roll
" The POWER is in your HEAD."

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

congrats

Unread post by SIBULING »

Tapayan da iton gayud ni Spy.

Sinahi ako nan yaon niya na talent!

congrats kuno laong nan ako kabanahan.amo pa kaabot kahapon,gkan nan India.Ad-0n kay ad-on kay na sab kamiiiiii.

Judstump
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by Judstump »

Congrats Tito Mel (k-spy) uno anhi wara sa lang imo saba. sige taraw kita IM wara kaw lang magsugilon. na hala sige dakan isab. Congrats again. uno may balita nakaw kan Cecille wara pasa anhi makatawag.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

hey guys,

THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH. and i'm very sorry for taking this long to thank all of you. if not for mimi who texted me yesterday, wara ako mahibawo nan ini na thread kay usually dili sa lagi ako mangukay nan yaka-archive na.

i found out about the contest three days before deadline. but knowing that "kakanin" was this year's theme, i was confident i could beat the deadline because all i had to do then was add a few touches to my stock pudding article to suit this year's criteria.

when the awards committee emailed to inform me that i won, i emailed back, saying that our pudding is famous, more famous in fact than tago's homegrown celebrities combined---sunday salvacion, zandro limpot and sam milby!

to God be the glory.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Hey K-Spy,

Wow another one! ! ! Congratulations. . . .

Praise his holy name.

Much love,
Abb
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess