Rain is what we needed most

New announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Rain is what we needed most

Unread post by Insomada »

:D :-({|= Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain..... Pumapatak na naman ang ulan sa bubong ng bahay..... I'm singing in a state of euphoria and jumping in a fit of excitement. :D :-({|=

Dry…drier…driest. This is the condition Australians had to succumb to, particularly Queenslanders. For the most number of months this year, rain poured erratically and sporadically in Australia. This is due to climate change (Global Warming) triggered by El Nino. Given this circumstance, demonstrating true nature of good governance, government officials responded to this urgent situation at full tilt. State and household regulations were put in place in an effort to save the most precious commodity - WATER! Being on the forefront of this crusade the government rigorously issued water saving measures such as: no watering of public parks/gardens/school and sporting grounds or any of this sort; urging people to continuously filter water for commercial and private swimming pools, penalising people caught misusing public taps, etc, etc. Restrictions imposed on every household include: no use of sprinklers on garden yards; no use of bath tabs; shorter time in the shower (each household was given an hour glass to encourage people monitor their water consumption to a maximum of 4 minutes-which is not bad at all); car cleaning shouldn't be done using water hoses; use of energy/water efficient washing machines (a rebate is given to every person who buys water efficient washing machine); installation of water tanks so that collected water can be used for watering the gardens let alone flushing the toilets, (again a hefty rebate is given if you opt for this), etc. etc. Without qualms people cooperatively adhered to these restrictions, though water supply was still flowing abundantly in our household taps. Since then Australians have been more careful and vigilant in their use of this valuable, God given gift.

Prayers for rain were ubiquitously happening. Be in churches, sporting events, schools, and every conceivable gathering of people. People have been accustomed having patience and perseverance in their everyday lives. They then value the power of prayer even more.

God is so good and merciful. He answered peoples' cry for rain. For 2 consecutive weeks now rain has been pouring our land in abundance. Colourful umbrellas hover in the air, here and there, everywhere. Mackintoshes worn by people embellish our streets. Rain, indeed is around! Water reservoirs and catchments once again busy themselves grasping for rains in glorious sounds. Halleluiah! What a wonderful feeling to be able to have copious rain again after a long wait.

As we head to our summer months, which is our rainy season here, this auspicious situation would then indicate Insomada's Mango Tree, Roses Okra, Malunggay and other edible grasses would soon bloom conspicuously. Thus, critters big and small would again spring to life.

Kon may lam-aw pa lang kalami dayon magtampisaw.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Insom,

Very nice post. Thanks for sharing.

I can’t remember when it was all I remember is Rudolph Giuliani (sshhh…I voted for him) was the mayor of New York City when Mother Nature had cast upon us a major dry spell.

Like you guys, we'll have strict water restrictions and expected to adhere to them. But I have a problem with one of them and always guilty of disobeying it. You see I love long, long, long showers. :-D

I do a lot of thinking while taking a shower, plan what to cook in the shower, think which bills are due soon in the shower --- you name it, I’ve probably thought about it while in the shower. :-D And.... I do my most pathetic, very ill rendition of --- she’s from your neck of the woods --- Dame Joan Sutherland’s “Lakme: Viens, Mallika…Dome Espais (Flower Duet)” or Sharon Cuneta’s “Ikaw” in the shower. 8-[ 8-[ ](*,)

But, lucky for NYC it is surrounded by bodies of water --- Hudson on one side and East River on the other so when push comes to shove the mayor will order water be pumped from the river, purify it to death then funnel to areas severely short of water supply. Yes, we do drink water from the East River and taste just as good. :-D

Oh Insom, my body doesn’t take the ice and the snow as well as it used too but I still do pray for snowy, icy winter and rainy spring days so I can enjoy my long, long, long showers all year round.

(Oh… K-Spy, this came to me half way through shower this morning - - - why did he made both Ali and Hassan with physical deformities????)
=P~
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

insoms and abb,

reading your posts is like reading the oration piece i have just prepared for a 4th-year student (a certain mr. espinoza who's the class salutatorian) from tandag science high school. it's for the annual oratorical contest (28 September in Tandag) sponsored by Tandag Water District. This year's theme is: WATERSHED AND DRINKING WATER, OUR RESPONSIBILITY.

water conservation as you stated insoms comprises much of the piece i have prepared.
:roll
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Insomada

Abbs,

Amo isab ako. I love staying long in the shower especially during winter time. I think we, mothers do the same in the shower as this is the only time we are alone (in the real sense of the word) by ourselves. For me being in the shower is having a well sought solitude. Wishing the time would never end. Basta arangi gayod na mahuna hunaan. Dili lang mga bills da ug kon unoy lutoon an hunahunaon ko Abbs hasta na an pag reparar nan tanan parte nan ato lawas kon may pagbabago na. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Hamoki na gayod agaw….mga puti na buhok…..But since this water crises struck us I became otherwise.

You mentioned Rudolph Giuillani, ohhhhhh how I love this man. I was just so fascinated by him of how he handled the Sept 11 incident.

Amo isab ngadi Abbs proposals to recycle and desalinate water to make it potable were submitted to people but people remain indignant. For farming purposes, yes but not for drinking that's what they say! In fact NY was mentioned and California to be the places which are well into this. Madali da sa garo ini dayon as Aust is surrounded by water. We'll wait and see as I've said we still got more than enough in our reservoirs but the government is just so quick to move. Not long ago water was free here. You can see sprinklers running from afternoon til morning time. Now every household has been installed with water meters.

Kamps,

Paki post mo dayon nganhi an imo piece ha? Sin-o sa yaon si Espinoza. Waray baya taga Tago na intrante?

kampanaryo_spy

Insomada wrote:
Kamps,

Paki post mo dayon nganhi an imo piece ha? Sin-o sa yaon si Espinoza. Waray baya taga Tago na intrante?

insoms,

mataas na piesa kay minimum sa of 8 minutes. if you like, i can email the piece to you.

inday hain an kaliwat nan yaon si espinoza. pero an iya mama yaon mag work sa treasurer's office sa tandag. class salutatorian nan science high kay an valedictorian anak sa ni dindo medrano na 1st cousin ni poling from san miguel (anak ni yo salio and ya lily medrano).

waray sa tago participant kay dili sa lagi kita haw service area nan water district nan tandag naman.

yadto nay tubag ko sa PM mo. salamatirs. :roll
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Insomada

Kamps,

Amo ba? Sigi paki e-mail mo dakan. I will die if I can't read it.

Thanks daan.

kampanaryo_spy

insoms,

don't want you to die, =P~ so i sent it as PM kay ga omido an yahoo. check it out.

Binignit

Unread post by Binignit »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:insoms,

don't want you to die, =P~ so i sent it as PM kay ga omido an yahoo. check it out.

Lakipay taraw ako para ma share ko sa amo Water Conservation Team.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Insomada wrote:Abbs,

I think we, mothers do the same in the shower as this is the only time we are alone (in the real sense of the word) by ourselves.

You mentioned Rudolph Giuillani, ohhhhhh how I love this man. I was just so fascinated by him of how he handled the Sept 11 incident.

Not long ago water was free here. You can see sprinklers running from afternoon til morning time. Now every household has been installed with water meters.

Insom,

Sus bisan sa shower basta may tuyo inin mga bata... manoktok gayod. Kabii sa lamang, Karlo came knocking:

"Mom I forgot my science book in school. What are the paticles of atom?"
"what?"
"can I open the door"
"noooooooooo.... ask your dad"
"I did but he said to asked you"
"grrrrrrrrrrrr....."
"what mom?"
"errrrr....... electron, neuron, proton......"
"I know that mom but what are they......"
"what you do mean????"
"What do they do????"
"listen carefully because I'm not going to repeat it!!!!!!..... ready?"
"yes mom...."
"Here's goes.... electron gives positive charge, protons are the small ones that floats around...... neuron... doesn't give any charge at all ..... I think ....... if it's wrong don't blame be.... I haven't thought about atom in a long long time........"
"Thanks mom......"
"ahhhhhh......."
Insom, know what? I belted out Bon Jovi's "It's my life" :-D :-D

Look at the date of your post on top. I don't know if I told you. I lost one od my bestfriend on the the second tower. She worked with Mitsui Bank. Her name was Grace Alegre Cua from Tagum, Davao.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Insom,

Pakapin... kami isab dili kon libre an tubig. Ag kami sukton nan NYC Water Board every 3 months. Uno pa kondi auto deduction sa checking acct. kay baydanan sa gayod min sign ako nan auto pay para dili an mo gasto nan stamp :-D :-D

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Insom,

hahahahah kabantay kaw? Amo yaon an mahitabo kon yaon kita sa sud nan shower na ila distorbuhon. Sirado an perta dili mag bati kadayaw an estorya hahahaha
paticle imbis na particles
proton, neuron, electron, imbis na protons, neutrons and electrons. Kanaman ugsa ako sud sa banyo... ibandilyo ko naay na I'm about to go... are we all done???? Yes kono pero more often than not manoktok gayod sila.

Pero sigi dakan kay feeling needed is a good feeling diba? :-D

Insomada

Amokay lagi iton yanga peticles, neuron, proton etc. na hinoon aton. Amo gayod agaw yaon an nanay amoy permi sangpiton nan mga anak kaysa sa tatay. Laong pa nan ako kaiban sa association namo, sa sa gaasawa kamo. Gamadre dakan garo kamo kon dili kamo gusto nan responsibilidad being a mother. Amo sa agaw, haaaayyyy lamang. But Abb fulfilling sa gayod hinoon labi pa makita mo sila doing well in their studies and other endeavours.

Inin ako hinoon dili na manoktok para mangutana about "paticles, nueron, proton, etc. kundi mangutana kon e marinate na nila an pinalabas ko from the freezer para pagkahapon ila dakan dayon e grill para pag-abot namo ni classmate mo kaon dakan kami. May pakinabang na gayod sila hinoon Abbs. Sigi lang malagpasan mo da yaon na stage. Tapos hanap hanapon mo dayon. Amo ako parang gusto ko pa sila alsa alsahon kay dili ako makatoo na dagko na sila. Nah unhon ko kay pag alsa na mga higante na sa, pagadungawan na gani an ama.

OO I agree na feeling needed is a good felling. And that feeling makes you on top of the world when one day they would come home and say "mum I got it right because I listened to you". Mawa dayon an imo mga kakapoy ug an kagasto bali wara dakan lamang. That's motherhood Abbs. And speaking of motherhood I'd like to share with you this:

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." -- Jewish proverb

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." -- Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington (1732-1799)

"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh (1907- )

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." -- Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)

"Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." --Author Unknown

So kudos to all the mothers and the role we play in this world.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Insom,

Saktohi kaw gayod. Hapa ako kamino. :-D

kampanaryo_spy

nice quotes insoms. but i'm tempted to say what my favorite character in "The Prince of Tides" said, thus: "parents are born to this world to make the lives of their children miserable." #-o

i know it's just me insoms; fictional world so fascinates me. :)

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
Birthday: 29 Jan 1947

Unread post by badung »

Abb, Insoms, K-spy,

An ako isab mga iso mag manoktok sa banyo kon maligo na ako. Sa una ini, nan ako da an ila ama hastan ina, kay ga-una sa ngadi sa guam an ako bana nan tulo ka tuig. during that time, ako gayud tanan lihok. Kaadlawon pa, magluto na ako hastan mag-review. Pagkahapit na an alas 7:00 maligo na ako. Usahay kon manoktok, maglaong: "Mom, can you sign my permission slip?" Laong ko, uno sa ini na wara say lamesa nganhe sa banyo para mag 'multi-tasking" gihapon ako bisan maligo.
:-D

Usahay lagi, duganon ko an pag-shampoo hastan pag-toothbrush. Or usahay, magplantsa an isa na alima, an isa gahawid nan hair dryer. :-D