Cantilan.Net @ mining issue

Tell us your views about CURRENT issues!

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

Rod@OZ

Unread post by Rod@OZ »

Yes, the monetary contributions of Mining is mind boggling yet it's ill effects are likewise troublesome. I can cite few prime examples of places being mined yet we have witnessed inconclusive evidence of progress despite of the promised millions of dollars revenue. Furhtermore, it's inhabitants were given with nothing but heartaches.

Look at Marinduque for instance, after creating havoc and raping the nature, where are they (operators) now? Or did the government even do something to put the operators liable to the catastrophe it created?
Look at the sufferings of the people affected by this operation, the government left them with no assistance whatsoever and the pleas of the locals affected are constantly ignored.

If i may divert the topic for a spur monent, in Asia we are one of richest in terms of natural resources and the brightest in the region as far as education is concern, yet we have not really utilised this talent to make our country progressive albeit each and every one tries to think of individuals needs of prosperity and leaving the nations sake last.
And what difference would this make now, we may have all the resources around but if the thinking of the people in government is the same we may end up with little if nothing at all.

When are going to learn? And when will the government be sincere in uplifting the socio-economic condition of juan de la cruz? For once, let us see all politicians set aside vested interest and try to make a difference by thinking of it's constituents first then perhaps we'll witness a
different and progressive philippines.

Elmo

Unread post by Elmo »

I can’t agree more with Rod’s points. We don’t have to look far to see the bad effects of mining in our place. Just look at what happened to Marinduque (huge environment disaster!!!) and Placer and Tag-anito (where are the promised economic benefits???)

The Pimentels has been running our provincial government for decades now. Since when did the family initiate something that’s for the greater good of the constituency? Gov. Pimentel is campaigning hard for mining in SDS because HIS FAMILY owned one of the companies that were granted concession (Clarence T. Pimentel Mining and Construction Corp.). That’s VESTED INTEREST!!!

SUPERPOWER

Unread post by SUPERPOWER »

I AGREE 200% WITH ELMO. TO HELL WITH ALL THIS CALL MINING BUSINESS. POLITIACIAN, LEAVE US ALONE. IT IS NOT ONLY THE PMENTEL BUT ABOVE ALL OUR CONGRESSMAN WHO HAPPENED TO BE A CANTILANG-NON. NO PIMENTEL OR PICHAY, THE ARE THE SAME. NOW I HEARD THAT THE BROTHER IS AGAIN RUNNING FOR CONRESSMAN. GIVE US A BREAK!!! THEY ARE MAKING THE GOVERNMENT THEIR OWN FAMILY BUSINESS. AND WHAT WAS WORSE IS THAT THE THINK THAT THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW. THEY HAVE THIS MENTALITY OF " DO IT OR DIE". IT STINK!

current issues

Unread post by guest »

sounds like i don't know anything, but i pretend to know something. might as well not say anything 'coz i would sound like a gong or a bell. ringringringringring...... look inside it ......... NOTHING!

CURRENT

Unread post by GUEST »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Cordapya

Unread post by cordapya »

Boy oh boy. It's hot in here. 400 degrees...careful guys you might burn the website. I better get out of here... bye now.
Last edited by cordapya on Sat May 07, 2005 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

To All:

Let's be contructive in conveying our opinions. We allow freedom of expression in this forum but within the norm of ethical press. Defamatory and libelous statements are prohibited. Otherwise, I'll be locking up this topic.

Thank you for your cooperation!

SITE ADMIN
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

Current Issues

Unread post by guest »

balitaw, kanaman, manlingi-lingi naay kita prober nato ngangahon an ato baba, amo :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bolinao

current issues

Unread post by bolinao »

ay uno kamo iton, kasawaingi niyo :!: :shock: makadismayahan ton iyo mga kina-iya, insiganay, palabuanan, hinawoday pabrayet-brayetay, ambaya kutob da sa baba - ayay sawaingi :!: :oops: :x :lol:

kapaso

Unread post by guest »

hala mga bloggers ,ngadto na kita sa gitik gitikan kay kay kalangka nan issue nganhi.

hibok hibok

katigayunan

Unread post by hibok hibok »

kamusta na an tago?hoy mga tagon -on bloggers ,di kita mag apil apil nan kalangka sa mining,nganhi da kita sa kalangka sa kawa kawa dapit sa amo sa dap dap.

sibuling

hot issues

Unread post by sibuling »

an mga pimentel mga sumuhanon ,an mga pichay amo mga amigo na pamilya.sapian baya!nayaka amigo sa nan mga banggiitan na mga politiko.inday taga ilaya da sa kami ,siguro kay lahi sa makisama an lumad na tagon -on.diba?talikod kay chikan ko kamo! :roll:

agree ako kan hibok hibok ,ha la na magitik gitikan kita.manyosa,hain na kaw ,basi yakakita na kaw sab nan kalalis nganhi,balik sa gitik gitikan.kay mataghum ngadto na hangin.kay si iya pitang gahuwat sa imo.

Rod@OZ

Unread post by Rod@OZ »

As to the issue of politics, there's no one to blame but you. You have the power to elect your goverment leaders, hence what you have now is your choice. Just always remember that comes campaign time, do not be lured by thier endless promises ans sugar coated talks as we clearly apprehend most of these promises are meant to be broken or only good at around this time but once successful in securing the position, they almost always seem to have amnesia of what was pleged earlier.

Going back to Mining, i really doubt it a lot that this would ressolve the employment and socio-economic woes of Caraga as suggested by some politicians but would only result on health imperilment in not so distant future. What i strongly feel and suggest though, is make this town the next 'Bali' or "Boracay' as we have a very promising tourist prospects and i'm sure this is the progress we want to transpire, infact this is long overdue!

Elmo

Unread post by Elmo »

agree with Rod that there's no to blame but us about politics in our place, especially so when you voted for those elected government officials. even so, we can't just sit and watch what is happening right now. There is no one stopping us from being vigilant and expressing our legitimate sentiments over issues and policies concerning our province. Please remember that having a democractic system, the constituency has greater power over those elected officials... but only if we unite (Look what happened to Marcos & Estrada - although this is an extreme example).

i'm also on the same page with Rod that mining is not our way to economic prosperity. The disadvantages weigh more than the advantages. Mining has been in our country for decades now but I can't see any town or city that really benefited from it.

i'm also in support of Rod's suggestion we should instead promote our destinations to tourists, local or foreign. A number of countries thrived because of their beaches like Bermuda and Maldives. Why can't we do the same thing??? We have places which are at par with those in other countries....

BTW, I really admire Lanuza for initiating the International Surfing Competition. They're doing the right thing!!!!!

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

:lol: that's a good suggestion---the tourism thing!

but first, one has to solve the highway banditry in your area up north. i've been doing a lot of advocacy myself to promote surigao del sur as adventure destination. as a matter of fact i have a lot of tourism articles (lanuza's surfing site and magkawas falls to mention just two) about surigao del sur that were printed by the inquirer.

when i say adventure destination, i refer to surigao being able to offer cheap thrills like mountain trekking, spelunking , diving, snorkelling and even rock climbing! on spelunking, maybe cantilan can invite professional spelunkers to do reconnaissance operation on maletangtang cave, which i was told extends up to carrascal, before promoting it.

the key is to preserve the thematic concept of nature; the less concrete structures the better. instead of hotels, maybe resort owners can build log cabins instead, or a chateau if they will. what is important is to provide just the basic facilities like light, water etc. a survey conducted among tourists revealed that accommodation ameneties are just secondary; what is of primary concern to them is hygiene---the place must be clean, the toilets must flush, and taps must gush clean water always. and they mean, ALWAYS! no ifs, no buts.

carrascal, i heard, is gearing up for a motocross right there in the meandering roads of punta tugas. while there's an element of risk, there having a yawning chasm, it's worth exploring. after all there are motocross daredevils who love this kind of thrill.

also, lanuza's surfing competition needs a bit of drumming up. the move to invite jericho rosales was good because had he arrived instead of wowie de guzman, he could have added more gravitas to the event. admittedly, lanuza can get a little help from celebrity surfers for the event to create more waves.

as to mining, well, i rest my case.

peace and love.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-