Consider boycott of ‘Da Vinci Code’ film, Vatican official..

Tell us your views about CURRENT issues!

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

cordaps,

ay ay kadayawi na ad-on na collection. pero bagan lami da gayud magbasa. gawas haw kan joel osteen ad-on sermons. basin may imo mana, pabuslahay taraw. total willing sa si abb mo da. hahahaha
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
Birthday: 01 May 1964

Unread post by sapaalaska »

kamo day pagabuang nan iton da vinci da vinci. hala sakto na. keep your faith intact always. waray makababag. basa o tan aw nan da vince basta abay iapply kay basin maconfusion iton iyo mga utok. kay mga bryti raba kamo. basin kay kamo ma.... adoy...balitaw, pagpost naay kamo nan malami na sud an hasta makaon ngadto sa Tagon-on recipe....

balitaw... bahala kamo yag advertise da lamang ako para sa tagon-on recipe na pabyon....heehehheheheh....

shalom

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

The DA VINCI CODE is now officially banned by Pres. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

Reason:
Dan Drown told her that she's a direct descendant of Judas Iscariot. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

Ay, ay, kadayawe nan ini na thread!!!

An ako da lang mahisulti is this:

Let's not forget that Jesus was conceived and was born by a normal person, the Virgin Mary and that human attributes emanate in Him. In fact, several scriptures in the bible depict the humanity of Jesus by defying his mohter's wishes that even during the last moments in his life on earth He called Mary "Babaye" not "Mother". These are exhibitions of the true nature of His being 'human' notwithstanding His being a God.

Human as He was, He was subjected to all sorts of humanly desires, hence the controversy that Jesus had sexual relationship with Mary Magdalene and had a son is not surprising as a testimony of humanity.

My philosophy runs this way: We should welcome and watch Da Vinci Code instead of boycotting and hating it. Haven't even read the book yet. Let us be entertained by this very famous story for behind this, there lies the true measure of our faith. For me, Da Vinci Code or no Da Vinci Code -- no amount of criticism, defamation, controversies, etc. would ever change the way I put my faith into practice. I was born and is a believer in Christ and would always be. Halleluia!

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:cordaps,

ay ay kadayawi na ad-on na collection. pero bagan lami da gayud magbasa. gawas haw kan joel osteen ad-on sermons. basin may imo mana, pabuslahay taraw. total willing sa si abb mo da. hahahaha

Amo gayod K-Spy, lami da gayod kon imo basahon kay sa imo da pamati-on. Mas mahamok an makat-onan mo sa reading kay sa listenig. Pero tungod sa idad dili na makasugakod an ako tao-tao. Madagat na an pamati ko. Pero ok-okhay na an vision ko koman kay paga laser an both eyes ko.

Oo, Long, padag-an takaw nan kan Joel osteen books. Onoy pay imo gusto na hand-me-down? :) :) Tulo dasa inin iya books (Joel). An mother isab baya ni Joel may panghitabo na parehas nan kan Mama K-Spy. Tawgon koda si ABB ako pakipiharan. No problem.
Last edited by cordapya on Sat May 20, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Mana C... madayaw na yaka balik nakaw. Demodu dayaw na si Computer. :) Sakto kay paga mingaw na isab kami kanimo.

Mana C, an in pamarayig kanimo ni K-Spy audio/video tapes nan mga sermon ni Joel Osteen. Yauy imo? Kon yauy imo... puydi yaon paanakon :lol: ni K-Spy sa ato tapos an nanay puydi da ibalik kanimo. Amoy kadayaw nan inin si Joel kay ok da kaniya na ato pasanayon an iya mga tapes para ma e share sa iban na dili makabati nan iya "good news". Segi Mana kon yaon imo puydi akoy mo dang-su kan K-Spy tapos basin si Sibs na seguro an mohatod balik kanimo. :) Pag sabi lamang amo?

Adtoy mga post para kanimo.... hala sambilawa dakan....Tan-awa an kalaki ni Madz kan Marti astan Jeremy... Malipay kaw gayod. hahaha..

Nah hala pag ayo ayo dakan ngaton... komusta dakan kan manong al. :wink:

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

Hello guyz! Let me share to you the latest commentaries made by people who watched Da Vinci Code. (This data is provided by the Movie Review Query Engine)

"Ron Howard and screenwriter Akiva Goldsman struggle mightily to cram as much as possible of Dan Brown's labyrinthine thriller into a 2-hour-28-minute running time, resulting in a movie both overstuffed and underwhelming."
-- David Ansen, NEWSWEEK

"The movie is so nervous about offending anyone that it's hardly any fun."
-- Jami Bernard, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

"As a film derived from a book, The Da Vinci Code isn't a fiasco on the order of The Bonfire of the Vanities nor is it a triumph a la The Lord of the Rings. Instead, it's an acceptable but uninspired simulacrum."
-- Ty Burr, BOSTON GLOBE

"... it's not very good -- long (2hr.32min.) and mostly inert."
-- Richard Corliss, TIME MAGAZINE

"Ron Howard's adaptation of Dan Brown's bestseller is punishingly long, dramatically overwrought and fatally short on the thrills we demand from summertime blockbusters."
-- Colin Covert, MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE

"The movie works; it's involving, intriguing and constantly seems on the edge of startling revelations."
-- Roger Ebert, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

"... the more you liked the book, the more likely you are to like the movie."
-- Eleanor Ringel Gillespie, ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION

"The film is faithful enough, but it's hard to imagine it making many converts."
-- Owen Gleiberman, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

"A jumble of historical myth, religious symbology and international thriller-action makes for an unwieldy, bloated melodrama."
-- Kirk Honeycutt, HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

"The most controversial thriller of the year turns out to be about as exciting as watching your parents play Sudoku."
-- Ann Hornaday, WASHINGTON POST

"Monotonous, colorless and entirely too serious, the film self-flagellates all the fun out of Dan Brown's story."
-- David Foucher, EDGE BOSTON

A jumble of historical myth, religious symbology and international thriller-action makes for an unwieldy, bloated melodrama.
-- Hollywoodreporter.com

"A jumbled, joyless affair that neither entertains nor enlightens."
-- Shawn Adler, IGN FILMFORCE

"Too measured to be lively, too skittish to be provocative, too dramatically slack to be more than a ploddingly literal book-on-film."
-- Peter Canavese, GROUCHO REVIEWS

"[A] wishy-washiness and its general tonal flatness betray a clock-punching mentality the cast and crew seem to have adopted for its production."
-- Jeffrey Chen, REELTALK MOVIE REVIEWS

"At least the theological controversy doesn't swamp the fun."
-- Rich Cline, SHADOWS ON THE WALL

"I cannot vouch for the novel, but the movie is a remarkably underwhelming experience."
-- David Cornelius, EFILMCRITIC.COM

"Way too long and duller than watching Da Vinci's paint dry...takes away the book's little credibility and makes the flaws more obvious."
-- Edward Douglas, COMINGSOON.NET

"Who knew controversy could be so dull?"
-- Michael Elliott, MOVIE PARABLES

"It's hard to comprehend how a film with so much questioning and answering between characters has less character development than Poseidon."
-- Michael Ferraro, FILM THREAT

"The script explains everything twice, spelling out the big words three times, so that even if you've never heard of Jesus or Mary Magdalene you can still figure out this story."
-- Jeffrey M. Anderson, COMBUSTIBLE CELLULOID

""The Da Vinci Code" is essentially just another average Hollywood thriller. Nothing more."
-- Angela Baldassarre, SYMPATICO.CA

"Every time Langdon starts to educate Sophie, the urge to tune out is overwhelming."
-- Josh Bell, LAS VEGAS WEEKLY

"The problem is the pace, which suffers when demands of explication force Howard to pull his foot off the gas."
-- Greg Burk, L.A. WEEKLY

"So, does The Da Vinci Code live up to the hype? Sort of. It's not a terrible film by any stretch, but it's not perfect either."
-- Kevin Carr, 7M PICTURES

"Ron Howard plays it too safe keeping fans of the book in line, objectors at bay and alienates anyone coming into the hype with thoughts of 'that's what everyone is up in arms about?'"
-- Erik Childress, EFILMCRITIC.COM

"Looking for that Holy Grail of blockbuster movies? Keep looking. You won't find it in "The Da Vinci Code," an overblown, bland ghost of the best-seller by Dan Brown. "
-- Linda Cook, QUAD CITY TIMES (DAVENPORT, IA)

"As for the film's entertainment virtues, forget it. This is one of the most talky and pretentious major films in memory."
-- Steve Crum, VIDEO-REVIEWMASTER.COM

"If there’s anything to be learned from this dud, it’s that when you decide to adapt an explosive property like The Da Vinci Code, playing it safe isn't safe ..."
-- David Edelstein, NEW YORK MAGAZINE

"Retarded, ridiculous and crushingly dull."
-- Devin Faraci, CHUD

"Langdon's not a human character, but an amalgamation of pop-up trivia and pensive stares and there's nothing Hanks can do to make him sympathetic, interesting or engaging."
-- Dan Fienberg, ZAP2IT.COM

"The movie is woefully plotted and just flat-out, eye-crossingly dull."
-- Phoebe Flowers, SOUTH FLORIDA SUN-SENTINEL
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Salamat Bon,

Nahala...dili ko dakan usikan an ako $15.00. :) Balikon ko dakan pag tan-aw an kan Mel Gibson 2004 "The Passion of the Christ".

Tagadan ko dakan an DVD ni DVC kon sale na sa Tagier nan $9:99 :wink: :wink:

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

BONSAL wrote:The DA VINCI CODE is now officially banned by Pres. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

Reason:
Dan Drown told her that she's a direct descendant of Judas Iscariot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No wonder!!! It is in the genes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Alibangbang wrote:Salamat Bon,

Nahala...dili ko dakan usikan an ako $15.00. :) Balikon ko dakan pag tan-aw an kan Mel Gibson 2004 "The Passion of the Christ".

Tagadan ko dakan an DVD ni DVC kon sale na sa Tagier nan $9:99 :wink: :wink:

Abay dakan pagpalit BANG. Blockbuster is there. An iban ko ga hagong sa sinihan. As I said. "Viva to the Holy Spirit"!!! Hapit tanan an yangita pag-gawas namo an komentaryo " It's a waste of time". Da-an alkansi si Dan Brown. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok na si computer BANG. Hingkalimtan ko pagpabotang na Anti-virus. Kada sa baya iton tuig ato sa baya ipa-imyona-is. Suppose to be February sa garo, na...May na koman di intapnan na siya nan virus. :roll: :roll:

Insomada

Mana C, Abbs & Bon,

Amo kay isab ngadi an comments nan yagpakakita na. A lot of them said the movie was a mess tuloy parang dili ko na gusto mangita pero mangita dakan sigruo kami ni Classmate mo Bang kay dugaye na wara kami makakita nan sine, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Insomada

one moon vanquizt wrote:for those who find dan brown's dvc and a @ d entertaining and enlightening as well, try the master of this literary sub-genre, UMBERTO ECO... you'll find labyrinthine wisdom, historical truths, half-truths and untruths in one engaging ride...his Name of the Rose runs spy thriller plots and subplots of arcane and medieval secrets complete with killer monks and renaissance lifestyle...his Foucault's Pendulum melds physics and end-of-the-world acrobatics in one sweeping poetic frontier...another good alternative to dan brown's is ian caldwell's rule of four, less cinematic pretentions, more arcane knowledge...

One Moon,

I think I know you? Haven't you sent me an e-mail which I failed to respond? If you were the one--- I was touched, and yes I adhered completly to what you said. But wait, if you are not this person I'm thinking about , just ignore what I said. What made me think of you is the "Anahao Bag-o."

Long kon ikaw man galing ini i PM mo ako ha?

Keep blogging One Moon.

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Alibangbang wrote:

Mana C, an in pamarayig kanimo ni K-Spy audio/video tapes nan mga sermon ni Joel Osteen. Yauy imo? Kon yauy imo... puydi yaon paanakon :lol: ni K-Spy sa ato tapos an nanay puydi da ibalik kanimo. Amoy kadayaw nan inin si Joel kay ok da kaniya na ato pasanayon an iya mga tapes para ma e share sa iban na dili makabati nan iya "good news". Segi Mana kon yaon imo puydi akoy mo dang-su kan K-Spy tapos basin si Sibs na seguro an mohatod balik kanimo. :) Pag sabi lamang amo?

BANG! yadi hay mga 17 ka CD ni J.Osteen na ipadahay ta kan K-Spy. Unhonkosa ini pagpada kanimo? Hain ko e-address? Hala taraw BANG e-PM/tawgihay ako kon makalugar kaw para mahipada kona dayon kanimo. Si Amor garo kay first week nan June may flight niya sa SFO pero dili sa sila puede makada nan mga CDs bawal sa mga Flight Stewardess magda nan hamok. Ok da ini e-priority mail (flat rate)sa New York. sactohay da gayod siya sa karton nan FLat rate Priority mail. Malipay gayod si K-Spy nan ini. :wink: :wink:

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Insomada wrote:Mana C, Abbs & Bon,

Amo kay isab ngadi an comments nan yagpakakita na. A lot of them said the movie was a mess tuloy parang dili ko na gusto mangita pero mangita dakan sigruo kami ni Classmate mo Bang kay dugaye na wara kami makakita nan sine, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Insoms,

Uno orasa kamo ni Classmate mangita??? Hala kay mag tapo kita ngadto. :lol: :lol: :lol: Kaina si Karlo may in atenan na b-d party sa Atrium Cinema. 25-30 minutes gikan sa bay. Tapos nan ila lunch may ila private screening nan "Over The Hedge" nan pag drop ko sa iya mga 11:00 am arang na ga advance pag palit nan ticket for DVC first showing 12:15 pm. Nan pag pick up ko mga 2:30 taasin pila for DVC. Interesting kay most of the people on line were young adults....seguro amoy demographic nan yaon na area :lol:

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Mana C. . . . . ayay 17 ka CD... woooweeee.... yabaaaaa dabaaaaa doooooo. . . as in feeling supercalifragilisticexpialidocious gayod si K-Spy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sa bay dakan ipada Mana. Hala salamater gayod daan. You're the best!!!